You may say that the commercial real estate sales and leasing market is difficult at the moment. You will not be the first agent or investor to observe that fact. This is however a major opportunity market with properties adjusting to the beginning of a new property cycle.
You are at the beginning of new opportunity. Tenants, buyers, and sellers are still out there. It’s just that their sales, purchase, and rental strategy has needed to shift. So if you are a commercial real estate agent that works on retail, office, or industrial property, we are going to let you in on a major marketing secret that works tremendously well to generate listing opportunity in this economy and investment property shift.
Moving Your Business Forward?
So how do you move forward in this market to create real opportunity? You create a significant pipeline of opportunity from speaking to many people and helping them with the market adjustment process. This means that the help they require may be a listing or property this year, next year, or the year after, however they will need well qualified and experienced property professionals.
You must be that solution for them. You must be confident in this market. You should use a marketing point of difference and most particularly your ‘toolbox’ to attract and convert the clients that you need.
Sales and Leasing Together
In this market the best commercial real estate agencies specialise in both investment property sales and investment property leasing. In those specialist categories they can bring significant strategy and understanding to the property, together with a ‘toolbox’ approach for the customers and clients.
A great lease will one day support a great property sale. This means that every lease should be planned and structured to optimise the situation for the property owner. This is where ‘toolbox’ stands head and shoulders above generic marketing of commercial real estate services.
Solicitors Awareness of Property
Whilst talking about leases I would like to make an important and relevant observation. In doing so I do not want to upset the solicitors and legal people of the ‘property investment world’ however the following is a real fact.
Most solicitors and legal people that do the lease documents for the investment property owner have little awareness of the actual property in question and probably have not even inspected the property.
My apologies to the legal people that are the exception to the rule!
This random process of lease preparation is not good investment practice, considering that the property lease is to produce a cash flow over a number of years. Solicitors and property agents need to get together and make sure that all the elements of the property that enhance cash flow are well considered and placed in the property lease before it is signed!
In only this way can they bring real strategy and stability to the occupancy and cash flow!
What’s Your Agency Point of Difference Today?
Only yesterday I was speaking to a real estate agency that was working on identifying a point of difference in this market. They realized that the competition agencies they were up against in the market place were doing nothing special to attract and retain new business.
Those competition agencies were simply continuing the same practices of prospecting and conversion that they have been doing for years. They were not offering any new approach or support process to the clients in the market today.
Let’s face the facts. This market today requires experienced real estate agents that can bring solid levels of property strategy to the investor including:
- Rental strategies for the long term that match the lifecycle needs of the property owner
- Lease documentation which minimises cash flow and vacancy exposure
- Strength of tenancy profile that gives an element of prestige to the building
- Tenants that bring financial strength and stability to the building
- Lease deals that will enhance the opportunity of sale when the time comes
- A balance of net and gross rentals to optimise the best return on investment for the property owner
- Well controlled building operating costs that are contained within the averages of that property type for the area
- An occupancy experience in the property which strengthens the relationships between landlords and tenants
- A target market of tenants that are clearly identified and pursued in the marketing campaign.
So this list is in fact the elements of a ‘Lease ‘toolbox” approach to the market. Many commercial real estate agents will generally say that they do these things anyway. The reality is they do not. Most lease transactions today are undertaken in a ‘one off mindset’ with little balance to the long-term future and strength of the building.
In recent seminar workshop I asked the agency staff in a larger industrial agency to tell me what they would do for ‘me acting as the client’ in a lease transaction of a vacant space in a sample building. Many of the agency staff gave me a broad variety of initiatives and processes that were fairly standard in the industry. It was interesting to note that all of these ideas were not ‘bundled and packaged’ into something that was even remotely attractive to the ‘me’ as the property owner.
Let’s understand a simple fact. If you do not logically document and display for the client the stages of your professional commercial real estate property service and give it a name that the can client relate to, you are affectively a generic marketer. This is the major problem in the industry today. The client needs specific help and you must market your services in a ‘toolbox’ approach. Give your ‘toolbox’ a name and then market your business around it.
I also recommend that you use the advantages of PERT and GANTT models to do this ‘toolbox’, given that this great illustration approach really interests most clients. This helps you stand apart from the competition. You become the agency of choice.
‘Toolbox’ is Your Tactical Advantage
Every sales and leasing program should be subjected to the processes of the ‘toolbox’ so that the client knows that the best results, controls, and outcomes are seen to be achievable. The ‘toolbox’ process also suggests that you have a quality control procedure that every property is exposed to.
This ‘toolbox’ is simple marketing; however it can be easily implemented into your agency business making you more professional and desirable as the commercial real estate agency of choice in your region. Your ‘toolbox’ becomes your marketable point of difference. You should have a separate ‘toolbox’ for:
- Commercial real estate sales
- Commercial real estate leasing
- Commercial real estate property management
Within each of these elements of service you should have a specific ‘toolbox’ which supports the property disciplines of:
- Retail Property
- Office Property
- Industrial property
- Specialist tourism and leisure
Listing Strategy in this Market
Let’s talk about the sales ‘toolbox’ now for a brief moment. In most cases the time needed to sell or rent a listing would be no longer than 12 weeks even in a tough market. After that time a listing becomes stale and a waste of your time. Choose your listings and the time on market with care.
A couple of essential rules need to be set here and incorporated into your sales ‘toolbox’. They are:
- Always seek vendor paid advertising – you are not the source of advertising funds to promote property no matter how good you think the property is. Vendor paid advertising sets the foundation of vendor commitment.
- Always seek exclusive or sole listings when you can
– controlled stock is the only way to go. A seller of an open listing cannot be trusted and is likely to ‘shift in the wind’ on who they deal with. It should also be noted that exclusive listings are much more desirable than sole agency listings. It is your choice as to whether you would take on a sole agency.
- Always seek to list properties for sale on the basis of a ‘time driven’ method of sale such as tender, auction, or expression of interest. This is the best way to go to get and sustain momentum in the property promotion. Properties that are listed for sale at a fixed or nominated price are likely to be this undesirable hard to sell listings or over priced listings with little momentum. In such situations a buyer will make an offer; maybe that works for you; maybe it doesn’t.
These 3 rules above infer that you are the driving force that creates the quality listing. Nothing could truer. You drive the quality of the listing appointment that you want. If you let the owner of the property dictate the rules of engagement, you are likely to suffer poor results. Remember that you are the expert consultant to help people with commercial real estate needs; you are not the agent that lists everything and anything that comes your way at any price or rental.
In closing this ‘toolbox’ topic, here are some important rules:
- In every listing know what you are doing and why.
- Focus on the outcome that you want for the client.
- Use your ‘toolbox’ as your point of difference to attract the client’s interests.
- Understand that your time and expertise is precious.
Car rental rates are obviously dependent on which dealership you opt for and how long you need the vehicle for. To get the best car rental rates you must be certain of the period in which you are going to require the vehicle for. For example, you would not want to rent a car for 3 days, to find out you need it for an additional 3 days this is where dealerships will charge for days the vehicle is required for, at their daily rate; savings are to be made when you book for a week if there is any chance of requiring the vehicle for longer. Agencies operate on weekly and daily rates; it always pays to look into the weekly rate as this is usually lower than a per day rate.
If you want to find the best car rental rates you must shop around. Car rental rates are constantly changing due to supply and demand and obviously change in line with the season. You will need to book far in advance should you want a rental car over any holiday period. Make sure you enquire about special holiday rates as some rental agents will give away a day extra for free over these periods. Make sure you are certain of you required dates over these periods as agencies cancellations over these periods will incur large fees.
To find the best car rental rates when it comes to long distance trips, it pays to book well in advance and ask your travel agent of any deals that are not publicly advertised. If you are planning a road trip to Las Vegas for tonight, you’ll have wanted to have booked at least a week ago to get the best rates and avoid disappointment. Remember that reservation only guarantees a reserved rate, you must specify if you are after a specific vehicle.
If you think the weekend car rental rates you are getting are too good to be true, then they probably are. You will want to ask for any hidden costs, such as insurance, state taxes, varying fees for drivers of different ages and refueling charges. Ask your rental agent of any compulsory insurance fees, as these hidden costs are generally what makes the advertised costs so well, read the disclaimer! Some states in America give rental car agents permission to charge extra fees on their rentals to cover the costs of licensing their cars. This is fee is generally 6% of the total rental costs. The majority of states in America do not require rental agents to inform the customer of this fee, so make sure you ask before hiring.
To get the cheapest, most value for money rental car rates you will need to shop around, be sure of the duration you require the vehicle for, make sure you ask about any hidden fees and always book well in advance.
Anatomic Gel footwear is a range of beautifully styled and manufactured men’s shoes and boots which are made in Brazil and designed in the UK. The key feature of this range is the Anatomic Gel Technology which is created using only the finest softest 100% leather available. The beauty of this leather, used in the uppers, gives a unique and pleasing appearance to each pair of Anatomic Gel shoes. The hinged leather insole allows the shoe to be flexed without breaking and is constructed using four layers. The double layer of foam and latex makes it supremely comfortable for walking throughout the day and there is also a layer or patented antibacterial fabric and a layer of sheepskin. The rubber sole allows for plenty of flexibility and is non-slip. The thread used in the stitching is waxed to help prevent water penetration and it is 100% stitched through using the McKay method.
Jose Rosa Jacomete originally founded Brazilian Anatomic and Co some 20 years ago after working for 20 years from the age of 13 in the footwear industry. Jose Rosa Jacomete (affectionately known as Zuza to his family) left home to earn money for his family and found he had a passion and Uncategorized talent for footwear design. He learnt the trade inside out over the next 20 years and after gaining experience pattern cutting, designing and shoemaking as well as practising and learning at the technology centres that were specific to the shoe trade, he decided to open his own small factory. Since those days Anatomic and Co’s reputation for human rights and fair trade has gained recognition worldwide along with its Anatomic Gel Technology.
Anatomic Gel footwear’s first venture into the overseas market was launched in the UK about 2005 but has now spread to over 60 countries worldwide with customers in Europe, Asia, USA, Japan, South Africa, The Middle East, South America, Australia, New Zealand and also a high quality niche market in China. The company’s attention to detail and use of high quality materials has made them a major force in the world footwear market. Not only mature age customers are attracted to their product but also the younger generation find their shoes appealing with the high level of comfort and trendy stylish good looks.
The range of Anatomic Gel shoes and boots covers a wide variety of styles and colours. There are beautifully crafted dress boots, made of soft sheep leather, that are suitable for the office but that look just as good with a comfortable pair of jeans for that laid back casual weekend outing. There are also wonderfully comfortable elastic sided pull on Chelsea style boots that incorporate the fabulous soft layered insole and like all Anatomic Gel boots have the padded ankle support. In addition there are dress shoes in lace-up or pull on styles in a large range of fantastic colours.
Try a pair of Anatomic Gel shoes or boots for yourself and find out why they are such a favourite with people from all over the world.
To make your prospecting system work for you in commercial real estate, you really do need to systemise it and set some priorities. Systems help build the future; random undirected action does little for you as a commercial real estate agent.
When you set the priorities you will not be wasting your time on things that don’t matter or perhaps have little results and conversions for you. It’s tough enough finding the time to prospect every day, let alone spending time on things that are not good converters of business opportunity for you.
So what can you do here? You can set a plan up that keeps you focused on the highly converting prospecting processes. You need new business to make your career work for you and prospecting is the key to pulling it all together.
Here is a priority model used by salespeople that I have helped in shaping their market share.
- Practice your call pitch for 30 minutes at 8:00am every day. This single one fact will help you convert more people faster to opportunities.
- Start the day with cold calls to new people. This should happen for a period of 2 hours. Start your calls at 8:30am.
- It will take you 30 minutes to build momentum as part of the call contact process. After 30 minutes you will be comfortable with what you are doing and the conversations will flow. The calls will get easier.
- Remove any meetings from the start of a business day. That includes team meetings. Focus on prospecting before anything else. Don’t let other people waste your prospecting time.
- Any follow up calls to established contacts should happen later in the day outside of your prospecting time. Create a habit of prospecting for new business. Don’t let existing customers or contacts derail your prospecting system.
- Towards the end of the day you should enter the results of the calls into your database. Perhaps you can do that as you are making the calls; the data does however have to be entered and you must take responsibility for that.
- End the day with research related to new prospects that you are to call tomorrow. Who are they and why are you calling them. You will need to know those facts as part of the process.
So these are some very rigid rules. When you stick to them you will find that opportunities develop. In any market and at any time the business is out there; it is just a matter of opening up the relationships with the right people.
Marketing online has become a very profitable way of marketing products and services of the company. Online advertising is one method of advertising that uses the Internet to deliver the marketing message that can attract customers. World Wide Web is the main medium that can be used as part of online advertising to attract customers and spread the name of the company. There are also several examples of online advertising such as email marketing, banner ads or contextual ads on various search engines.
The benefits of advertising business internet marketing are:
1. Ad beneficial for sellers and buyers. This is mutually beneficial. Sellers use advertising to promote products on the internet by providing an explanation of the details of products both in price, usability, and benefits of these products. Buyers who come to the site, they know about the various products from these ads and can choose according to their wishes.
2. Before the Internet, advertising is limited to newspapers, television and so on. Along with the development of the Internet, we can use a variety of ways to advertise our businesses either through email or posting through various websites. Through advertising on the internet allows you to expand the business globally, not limited to time and place.
3. Internet is becoming increasingly popular in line with the number of people who use these systems and tools. Almost all people use online facilities to perform the work as they use email to send and receive the official letter to the company or using social media such as twitter, Facebook, and others. By using advertising on the internet the more people will see and some of them will make a purchase.
4. Advertise your business with the internet; you will be able to reach very specific target audience through this online facility. This is often referred to as SEO Optimize system where you use specific keywords for specific markets. There is also the term PPC or pay per click where you need to pay for keywords that you are advertising on the internet.
5. Online ads can reach every person in the whole world in a small time period. Some tools or software is provided either free or paid; where you can choose which best suit your business. On average a good website can be optimized in a few months and with time running it will be increasing visitors and buyers so that we get a return on investment.
6. Cheap online advertising as a source of advertising would cost so much while placing an ad in the newspaper or television will be more expensive than online advertising. You can also get a clear picture of how much money he would spend and how much profit from your investment.
If you have not done in the advertising business internet marketing, it is good you start to learn the details and start running. This not only shortens your time in business, but you can increase your profits away from what you get. Of course, learning from the right sources and correct.
The prospecting process in commercial real estate is a daily event or at least it should be for every salesperson. There are four ways to contact your prospects, and whilst I will explain of those four strategies here, only two of them are highly successful.
When you understand and appreciate the value of the two best prospecting methods, you can convert more commercial real estate business opportunity and listings in your local market. The other two methods in the main are a waste of time and effort.
So here are the four methods of prospecting that you can use. They can be mixed or combined as the case may be. As only two of them will be highly successful, I will define those two at the end of the article.
- Sending an e-mail to a prospect regards your services and commercial real estate activity is easy and convenient. Many agents do this on a regular daily basis. You can combine with the e-mail relevant attachments and information regards the local property market and property types available for sale or lease.
- The traditional direct mail approach still occurs today although less frequently. To send direct mail, you need to have the necessary contact details of the people concerned. Generic mail without personally addressed correspondence is a waste of time. If you are sending direct mail, make sure you understand the correct title and name of the relative person.
- The telephone is a very convenient method of contact when it comes to prospecting for new business. The rejection factor or ratio in cold calling activities is rather high although this should not put you off the process.
- Dropping into a business or a local address to introduce yourself as the commercial real estate expert should happen on a daily basis. You can do this on a street by street basis. Identify the local businesses in each street and then visit five of them each day. Leave your business card as part of the process. You ask them questions regards their property needs, or property usage, and if they are a tenant or an owner.
So, two of the above items are far more successful than the others. Most particularly they are the use of the telephone and dropping into the local businesses. These activities should occur daily as they will strengthen your market share very quickly.
It should be noted that the direct mail approach is still highly effective although you should always follow up the letter with a telephone call. Direct mail without follow-up is a waste of money.
The most convenient and yet less effective way of marketing today is the email process. Most business people get many emails on a daily basis and therefore will be inclined to delete unnecessary emails that are of general information. If you are going to implement the email process as part of your marketing model, make sure you have the consent of the person concerned so that you can personalise the process. As regularly as possible, make sure you follow the emails are up with a telephone call.
It is a new invention that everyone who smokes should know. This is called the(cigarro electronico), also known as a smokeless cigarette e-cigarette(sigarette elettroniche), and it is to change the legal landscape for cigarette smokers in the world.
The patented(elektroniskas cigaretes) offers to effectively simulate the experience of smoking a real cigarette, without any of the legal and health issues surrounding traditional cigarettes.
While(elektronines cigaretes) look, feel and taste much like traditional cigarette, they work very differently. You see,do not burn tobacco, but when you inhale an e-cigarette, you must enable a “flow censor,” which releases a vapor containing nicotine, propylene glycol and a scent that simulates the taste of tobacco. All this simply means that the(cigarros electronicos) allow you to get your dose of nicotine while avoiding all the carcinogens in traditional cigarettes such as tar, glue, hundreds of additives and hydrocarbons.
In addition to being healthier than conventional cigarettes, and perhaps most important, is the fact that (sigarette elettroniche) are perfectly legal. Since the (cigarro electronico) is not related to tobacco, you can legally burn them anywhere that traditional cigarettes are prohibited such as bars, restaurants, workplaces, even airplanes. In addition, e-cigarette(cigarettes electroniques) you can smoke without fear of harming others because of cigarette(cigarro) smoking bad.
Cartridges are available in a wide variety of tastes and strengths of nicotine. For regular, menthol, also the apple and strawberry flavor cartridges and nicotine strengths come in full, a medium, light, and no. While electronic cigarettes(elektroniskas cigaretes) are technically “alternative to smoking”, rather than smoking cessation device, the range of nicotine strengths offers clear opportunities to support those trying to quit smoking, and seems to be proving to be popular in these markets.
The nice thing about that you say, nicotine patches, electronic cigarettes that give the same tactile sensation and oral fixation that the desire of smokers, while satisfying the desires of snuff as well. When you take a drag n electronic cigarette really feel your lungs fill with smoke flavored snuff warm and the waves of smoke exhaled from your lungs as the regular snuff, however, as mentioned, the smoke is actually a lot more water vapor that evaporates quickly heals and not offend anyone in the vicinity.
There’s really only one method to quit smoking: Will. Lots of people state that cold poultry may be the toughest method to stop smoking, with valid reason: they’re going on all the wrong manner. If guess what happens you need to do, and stomp your desire to have cigarettes, before you begin, you’ll have the ability to maintain and not think back!
Need to know much more about giving up smoking with the first? Take a look at a few of these books to prevent smoking and find out how easy it may be really quit!
Although the have been around for a while ‘in various incarnations, is of recent developments in technology and increased restrictions on smoking that have led the e-cigarette can be found in the new popularity. If you are interested in a healthier alternative to smoking, or if you just want the freedom to smoke wherever and whenever you want, the electronic cigarette could be the solution you’re looking for.
Looking back through history, it all seems to have started in the eighteenth century when a boot called the Hessian boot, initially used by the military, became widely worn by everybody else. Hessian boots had a low heel, quite a pointed toe (useful for mounted troops for ease of using the stirrups) and were knee high.
This style of boot became popular amongst the British aristocracy in the nineteenth century and it was the first Duke of Wellington that popularised it. The Duke had his own version of the Hessian boot made. There were many alterations and the resulting style is nothing like the wellington boots we know today, but his new boot was dubbed “The Wellington” and the name lives on today.
“The Wellington” was still made of leather and remained very fashionable in Britain until the mid nineteenth century. Then in 1853 a man called Hiram Hutchinson started making them out of rubber and established his company Aigle who are of course still going today in France. The new waterproof rubber wellington was very popular among agricultural workers in France.
Then it was the two World Wars that dramatically inflated a need for waterproof knee high boots, and lots of them! Soldiers were in need of suitable footwear for the flooded trenches and it was the North British Rubber Company (now Hunter Boot Limited) that came to the rescue. When the wars were over, the Wellington had become very popular among men, women and children as the best footwear for wet weather.
What makes them so British is of course the influence of the weather, they really were and still are essential footwear for outdoor life on a rainy island.
Aside from the two World Wars and the weather, the other big influence was by a member of the aristocracy again. It was the Duke of Wellington in the eighteenth century and the Princess of Wales in the twentieth. When the Princess was photographed wearing Hunter wellies, a brand new welly craze began all over again.
So they really are a very British type of footwear. Waterproof footwear that is expected to be inexpensive, durable (lasting at least twenty years!), comfortable and easy.
British people nowadays buy little canvas houses for their beloved wellies and children positively think they are alive. Every child has at least five books in their collection that feature wellies. Children also love them because they can put them on themselves from a young age and can splash in puddles without being told off for getting their shoes or clothes wet.
Mobile phone shopping in today’s market is a difficult task in the sense that one has to choose from a variety of handsets with a hundred different features. One who is adept at handling a mobile knows that mobile features are upgraded every day. So he should keep in track with what is cooking in the world of mobile phones.
Mobile shopping has become very popular due to its affordability and accessibility. Today the mobile market is buzzing with phones that are not only affordable but comes along with many features as well. Camera phones are available at a very cheap range. One could not think of availing a mobile with all these features a decade ago. But today the scenario is different. With so many mobile manufacturers showcasing their products, the market has an epidemic of mobile phones. Moreover, every year new telecom operators are launching their network and to increase their customer base they are offering lucrative combo packs where a customer gets a handset and a sim card together.
Mobile shopping has also gained popularity because of new innovative handsets showing new features like touchscreen, digital music, digital camera, wi-fi connectivity and so on. Then online shopping network has made mobile shopping even better. One can choose from a wide range of products sitting at home by just surfing the internet. It gives the customer the liberty to choose the latest version of exclusive brands. The websites offering online shopping portals market the products of well known mobile handset manufacturers.
The popularity of mobile shopping is also due to mass usage. Phones have become a one stop solution for all sort of communication. It has become a communicator. Moreover it is the only commodity that is kept with a person all throughout the day. A person talks, messages, listens to music, takes picture and can send it as well. In upgraded versions one can check his mail and search the internet. This increasing obsession and dependency on this gadget has made its shopping even more popular.
Then the high class society has taken up mobile shopping for fashion and social status. Possessing new handsets with new features proves how tech savvy you are. Thereafter, a lot of business class people and professionals are using multiple handsets for their multiple connections.
The penetration of mobile network has miles to go and with every baby step the companies are taking, the popularity is increasing by tenfold.